Pages

Friday, January 22

The Teenage Life

I’m seventeen and I’ll live as I please
without consideration for authority.
For my life is free with its psychedelic dreams,
of smoking my pot and doing as I please.

And if I drink … a quart of wine,
steal a fifth, or smoke one joint at a time,
who will dare cease me? for remember,
I’m just a teen who can do as I please,
and no one can do shit to me.

So a slap on the wrist and a grin on my face;
a flip of the bird – a waste of my day.
I stroll outside under the heavenly blue sky;
I light up my joint as I lift it to the sky.

For why? Remember what you told me:
I am just a teen and I won’t do time,
even if someone drops the dime.

So please stop bugging me,
it’s time to steal more wine.

The Teenage Life by K. Saitta © 2015, A Walk In Verse

No comments:

Post a Comment