Pages

Friday, January 8

What Have I Done

What have I done
as I watched the years fly by:
   sitting,
   waiting,
   contemplating
      on why?

A lie;
   a life stolen in my prime
   by a corporate reality where I will die
   watching the arrow of the clock sling by;
      round and round and round it goes
      until I shrivel into a man with no home.

I wait for why?
   The corporate lie.

Day and night passes by
as I sit at the desk and die:
   in the grave I sit and dream,
   nine to five – not serene.
   Instead I live for the corporate king,
   filling their greed
   as my life passes by
   before my eyes.

I must break free from this lie;
the corporate alibi:
   work for me,
   and I will set you free
   to live your dreams.
   That is the tune they sing.

But me,
I’ll break free.
For my spirit cannot be bound
by the corporate chains of greed.

That life is no longer for me.
I’m done, I’ll stand free,
I won’t stay on my knees;
   I will live free
   and no longer wait for the lie
   they want me to believe;
      I’ll create my own destiny
      and breath!

What Have I Done by K. Saitta © 2015, A Walk In Verse

No comments:

Post a Comment