Pages

Monday, January 18

The World Judges

As the world gazes into my eyes,
she glances for a brief moment in time
at someone she conceives as fine
– paying no heed to the anguish inside.

She has no regard for the agony within
that is destroying, killing, tearing limb from limb:
like a guillotine severing the head of its victim
as it departs into a realm … of none existence.

She lacks any sense of humanity
as she judges with reckless insanity;
   gazing into my eyes of dejection
   she looks at a book by its cover,
   but hasn’t read a single expression.

She refuses to understand my position,
but rather judging with unjust suppositions:
as I cope with the poison marring my brain
I live in a time of great disdain
as I look for love or a friend of understanding;
   Love me,
   Cherish me,
   Stretch out your hand …
   to me — and see … me,
   the one who I am.

For I, I am in need of a friend,
not ignorant rejection
with a conversation that ends;
   try, but for a moment to set in my shoes
   seeing the paths in which I have stood,
   knowing the thoughts inside my mind,
   before you judge
   without understanding
   … my mind.

The World Judges by K. Saitta © 2015, A Walk In Verse

No comments:

Post a Comment