Pages

Saturday, April 4

Meniere's Disease

Even as I stand tranquil,
I spin as on an open sea.
I slip with every step I make,
Life became a torture for me.

Continual ringing inside in mind,
Silence a dream I can no longer find.
Peace for me cannot be seen,
I struggle to keep my sanity.

I weep and pray each passing day
That these tears of sickness dry away.
I long to know the peace I knew
Before she took my will to do.

But now she's taken hold me
As she blinds and deafens my reality;
Conforming me to a man of old,
She eats away at my young soul!

She haunts with each tick of the clock,
Perpetual spirals - nonstop!
Like the tornado upon the sea
I awakening to terror, it's not a dream!

Meniere's Disease depart from me,
I beg and plead for my sanity!
Find compassion and hear my plea:
Give me back my serenity!

Meniere's Disease by K. Saitta © 2009, A Walk In Verse

No comments:

Post a Comment