Pages

Wednesday, April 25

Yes my darling

Isolated within my mind, are thoughts of a friend,
     a lover, a beautiful wife.

Looking back on days gone by
     when we would sit and gaze past twilight
On ocean sands, sitting, waiting, counting every seventh wave,
Violet skies with shades of red,
     we watch as the ocean currents break;
Every seventh wave, a look, a kiss, an embrace.

You gaze into the oceans light
     as stars wander across a velvet night,
Our eyes embrace; we kiss, sheltered in the heavenly moonlight,
Untouched from these days gone by,

I reminisce about these signs of love.
Down the shores, along the waters edge
On the sands,
     we walked through the waters swirling beneath our feet.

Yes, my darling, I love you, I do.

Yes my darling by K. Saitta © 2007, A Walk In Verse

No comments:

Post a Comment