Pages

Monday, May 7

My Home

I found a place to call my home
Within the woods for all to roam,
A mountain world of great delight
Away from cities’ overseen sights.

A place where children would be cherished,
A place where friendships would never perish,
A place where families would have meaning,
A place where everyone would be pleasing.

But in this land where I do live
It revealed its past and deadly sins;
A past so dark where black is white,
A place where death dwells in heavenly light,
A place I lived and hardly known,
A place I hate to call my home.

Within this town of lies and sin,
Nightmares thrive and live within.
Children mourn from dawn to dusk;
Township protects those of unimaginable disgust!

I sit and cry with tears of pain
As murderous rage pours through my veins.
A rage so strong as blinding light,
Ready to strike like a falcon in flight
While feasting in the utmost delight.

These nightmares I see are as thick as night.
I must escape before it takes my life.

This place I loathe to call my home
Is a place where none can live and roam.
A place to leave before you die,
A place of complete and unjust lies.

This city’s name I cannot not share
As it brings forth things, one cannot bare.

If I hint its name, you must swear this creed
That you will never seek what I have seen.
This hint I speak has a G,
Which ends with the letters A N D,
Twenty minutes west of Yosemite.

So if you search upon a map
Stay away from this town of collapse,
A town of misery where everyone moans,
A place I will leave that I called my home.

My Home by K. Saitta © 2007, A Walk In Verse

No comments:

Post a Comment